Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Being a Mom is hard...

Being a working Mom with a sick kid is harder...

Tucker has been sick since Saturday. Bad oh stomach bug. I took him to the doc yesterday and the doc prescribed nausea meds to help with his appetite and told us once he starts eating the bad poops should thicken up. Sorry for the TMI....

Today his appetite came back. Maybe too much for his tummy to handle b/c he lost part of his am snack. So on the BRAT (bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast) diet he goes with sprite. I am hoping with those solids it will help lessen the trips to the bathroom. The doc wants to see us tomorrow if he shows no improvement. The only real improvement I can see now is no fever since Monday and maybe wanting to eat a bit more. I am praying that by tomorrow am he feels better so we can avoid that.

The reason why I said a working mom with a sick kid is harder is because it breaks my heart I can't be there with him. He sent me this precious video earlier...


My mom sent that not intending to make me sad but it did. I want so badly to be there for him and for his brother 24/7. But I can't. Thank the good Lord for my mom. Without her this week being their 2nd Mommy and doing a great job I don't know what we would do.  I am also thankful for God providing my job to help support my family. I would love to be a stay at home mom but that is not what God intended. He knew I had my Mommy to help us.

For all your stay at home Mommies out there...your job is hard. Your job is rewarding and your job is precious. I am sure you hear from others it isn't hard but we all know being a Mom is. I do however envy you in a way. Enjoy your time with your kids. I would do anything to have more time. But I don't and again am thankful for my great job.

God has blessed me and my little family so much. So in this time of stress because my little is sick I need to think this will pass.... there is so much worse going on in others lives. This is so minor compared. I hope everyone has a great Wednesday and I hope you don't catch the tummy bug... doc says it is going around!!

No comments:

Post a Comment